Section: 33.4.3 [thread.mutex.requirements] Status: C++11 Submitter: Pete Becker Opened: 2009-01-07 Last modified: 2016-02-10
Priority: Not Prioritized
View other active issues in [thread.mutex.requirements].
View all other issues in [thread.mutex.requirements].
View all issues with C++11 status.
33.4.3 [thread.mutex.requirements]: paragraph 4 is entitled "Error conditions", but according to 22.214.171.124 [structure.specifications], "Error conditions:" specifies "the error conditions for error codes reported by the function." It's not clear what this should mean when there is no function in sight.
[ Summit: ]
Move to open.
[ Beman provided proposed wording. ]
[ 2009-10 Santa Cruz: ]
Move to Ready. Fix the proposed wording with "functions of type Mutex" -> "functions of Mutex type"
Change 33.4.3 [thread.mutex.requirements] Mutex requirements, paragraph 4 as indicated:
- not_enough_memory — if there is not enough memory to construct the mutex object.
- resource_unavailable_try_again — if any native handle type manipulated is not available.
- operation_not_permitted — if the thread does not have the necessary permission to change the state of the mutex object.
- device_or_resource_busy — if any native handle type manipulated is already locked.
- invalid_argument — if any native handle type manipulated as part of mutex construction is incorrect.